The Gender in AI

The podcast Talks about Gender that is associated with Ai like how Siri or Alexa are portrayed as female when they say that they don’t have a gender.

citation:Delfanti, A., & Arvidsson, A. Introduction to Digital Media. Wiley. 2018.

3 thoughts on “The Gender in AI

1. Hey Jordy! I love the focus of your podcast specifically how you asked can the women-like voices of AI assistants like Siri. Additionally, it was great to hear how you incorporated Delfanti and Arvidsson into your podcast, strengthening your credibility. However, I do have a suggestion, it would be good if you lowered the volume of the background music while you are talking. So, that your points are more audible, and listeners can be engaged in the conversation versus focusing on the music. Additionally, I would include transition effects like “fade ins” and “fade outs” when you insert sound effects. Overall, I would listen to this podcast if it had another episode!

2. What’s up Jordy, I really enjoyed listening to your podcast. While listening to this podcast, I liked the song choice in the beginning, it gives off a relaxing smooth introduction into what you’re going to be talking about in the podcast. I think maybe lowering the sound playing in the background a little bit lower while you’re talking can be something that I suggest doing next time while creating a podcast. This is because you really want the audience to be able to listen to your voice clearly. I really liked how you mentioned that ai doesn’t have a gender and that it’s a voice that may sound like a female or a male. It’s just a voice that you can imagine who is speaking and providing knowledge. Towards the end I like the song choice “Not like us” by Kendrick Lamar. Very popular and everyone knows the song and I was able to hear your voice clearly.